Verona Adopt-a-Barrel Competition
Use your gardening skills to help beautify Verona!
$300 First Prize
Enter yourself or your group!
- Contestants may be an individual, a business, a family, a group or an organization.
- Business owners will first be offered the barrels located in front of their business.
- All barrels will be located on Main Street In Verona, at locations determined by the VCA.
- Remaining barrels will be assigned to applicants by random draw.
- Contest is open to anyone 18 years and older and a resident of the Verona Area. This area is defined as bounded by: Godfrey, Desert Lake, Hartington, and Bell Rock.
- Entries must be received by May 31 and barrels must be planted by June 10.
- Contestant must be willing to care for barrel until fall, including watering, fertilizing etc. VCA will provide barrel with drainage and half full of topsoil. Contestant to supply remainder of soil, compost, all planting material, fertilizer, water etc. Neglected barrels may be removed at the discretion of the VCA.
- The VCA assumes no responsibility for loss of personal property of exhibitors.
- Judging for the contest will be made by an independant jury near the end of July and the winners will be announced at the Verona Festival, August 9th-10th.
- First prize winner will be awarded $300, second prize $200 third prize $100, fourth and fith prizes $50 each.
- Contestants are eligible for only one prize regardless of the number of barrels maintained.
- Entries will be judged on the use of colour, texture, plant varieties and originality.
- Applicants will be notified of the location of their barrels the week of May 25.
- Have fun making Verona beautiful!
If you would like to adopt a barrel, please contact Tabitha Morton at 613-929-5569.